Monday, August 2, 2010

A President in Iowa? Don't know.

I remember seeing a news release that President Bill Clinton was coming to Iowa to fund raise for our 3rd District representative Leonard Boswell. Then the news just ended. Last report was that on July 25th the 42nd President of the United States was going to be in Warren County for a fundraising event for the Congressman. I searched the Des Moines Register website for any news on that event. I only found that it was going to happen. I went to the Boswell for Congress website and found nothing! I even looked at the Congressman’s own website for the House of Representatives and nothing.

I e-mailed the Congressman’s campaign and got a reply that had an attached flier. It was being held at an individual’s home. Fair enough but surely a congressman would play up the fact that a President was campaigning for him and would get every piece of free publicity he could get. Yet nothing was reported. Even today I searched the Des Moines Register for an “after action” report on the event and no news. I don’t know if the event occurred as was told to us. The only report was a July 23rd blog by the Des Moines Register and it was short and only reported to be, “The event is closed to the public and the press.”

No comments: